Popular Posts
-
Magic has always been somewhat fascinating to me. As a child I went through a phase where I was going to be a magician. I got a little magic...
-
The Next Christians: How a New Generation Is Restoring the Faith , by Gabe Lyons, describes the defining characteristics of the “new” type ...
-
The Forgotten Church: Why Rural Ministry Matters for Every Church in America by Glenn Daman discusses the importance of rural ministry to ...
-
The Inkblots: Hermann Rorschach, His Iconic Test, and the Power of Seeing by Damion Searls is part biography, part history of one of the m...
-
Formula of Deception by Carrie Stuart Parks introduces a new character into the world of forensic art. Taking a break from Gwen Marcey, P...
-
Defiant Joy: Taking Hold of Hope, Beauty, and Life in a Hurting World by Stasi Eldredge is a call to fulfill the biblical command of livi...
-
The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency by Chris Whipple examines the modern chief of staff and how ev...
-
One Blood: Parting Words to the Church on Race and Love by John M. Perkins contains the hard earned life long wisdom of a man who has spe...
-
Woke Church: An Urgent Call for Christians in America to Confront Racism and Injustice by Dr. Eric Mason serves as a clarion call to the Am...
-
Auschwitz Lullaby by Mario Escobar is a fictionalized version of the real life story of Helene Hannemann, a German mother who chose to go...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
About
Blog Archive
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Check out my personal blog!
Monday, May 5, 2014
Passion: The Bright Light of Glory by Louie Giglio is a collection of sermons based on "some of the most impactful messages ever delivered to Passion-goes over the years" (page 9). Along with Louie Giglio, there are chapters written by Francis Chan, Beth Moore, John Piper, Judah Smith, and Christine Caine. While each chapter has its own theme, the overarching theme is the same of that of the Passion movement as a whole: for Christians to live for His renown.
Anyone familiar with the Passion movement will find familiar content within these pages. This is truly a highlight reel of the movements last several years. It is a testament to the effectiveness of the Passion movement that though I have never been to a Passion event, I was in college when Passion started gaining traction and am thus very familiar with their overall aim. It was nice to read some of the sermons that have influenced my generation. Each chapter bears the style of its author, therefore some were easier to read than others. However, overall each chapter flows really well with the next as well as contributes to the main theme of the book. This isn't always easy to do with more than one author, but Passion: The Bright Light of Glory accomplishes it well. I recommend this book to anyone interested in the Passion movement, Christian living, or taking the pulse of the current young leaders in the of the Christian movement.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookLook book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
Labels:
Christian Living,
college,
Louie Giglio,
Passion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment