Popular Posts
-
Magic has always been somewhat fascinating to me. As a child I went through a phase where I was going to be a magician. I got a little magic...
-
The Forgotten Church: Why Rural Ministry Matters for Every Church in America by Glenn Daman discusses the importance of rural ministry to ...
-
The Next Christians: How a New Generation Is Restoring the Faith , by Gabe Lyons, describes the defining characteristics of the “new” type ...
-
The Inkblots: Hermann Rorschach, His Iconic Test, and the Power of Seeing by Damion Searls is part biography, part history of one of the m...
-
Formula of Deception by Carrie Stuart Parks introduces a new character into the world of forensic art. Taking a break from Gwen Marcey, P...
-
Defiant Joy: Taking Hold of Hope, Beauty, and Life in a Hurting World by Stasi Eldredge is a call to fulfill the biblical command of livi...
-
The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency by Chris Whipple examines the modern chief of staff and how ev...
-
One Blood: Parting Words to the Church on Race and Love by John M. Perkins contains the hard earned life long wisdom of a man who has spe...
-
Woke Church: An Urgent Call for Christians in America to Confront Racism and Injustice by Dr. Eric Mason serves as a clarion call to the Am...
-
Auschwitz Lullaby by Mario Escobar is a fictionalized version of the real life story of Helene Hannemann, a German mother who chose to go...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
About
Blog Archive
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Check out my personal blog!
Monday, November 9, 2015
The Case for Hope: Looking Ahead With Confidence and Courage by Lee Strobel is an attempt to prove that true hope is real, if it is grounded in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
Lee Strobel is known for tackling subjects thoroughly and with an eye for truth and clarity that only a former journalist could have. Those who have read any of Strobel's previous works will find familiar content in this latest addition to his body of work.
Because the hope Strobel discusses is based on the person and work of Christ, he does spend some time discussing proof for the veracity of Christ's claims, though in a very condensed fashion. He spends the rest of the book discussing the relationship between hope and doubt, as well as telling stories of how this hope has changed people's lives, including his own.
While I normally don't comment on the aesthetics of a book, I feel compelled to this time. The overall feel of the cushy hard cover, and the blue color scheme somehow adds to the overall feel of hope that reading this book gave me. It almost has a gift book feel to it. It's rare for me to feel that way, but in this case, it was something I noticed from the very beginning.
Anyone who is a fan of Strobel will enjoy this book. I'd also recommend The Case for Hope to anyone who is investigating Christ and the claims of Christianity. This is a good primer on the basic facts. Christians who may be struggling to have hope or remember the reason for it will also benefit from reading this book.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookLook book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
Labels:
Christianity,
hope,
Lee Strobel,
non-fiction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment