Popular Posts
-
Magic has always been somewhat fascinating to me. As a child I went through a phase where I was going to be a magician. I got a little magic...
-
The Next Christians: How a New Generation Is Restoring the Faith , by Gabe Lyons, describes the defining characteristics of the “new” type ...
-
The Forgotten Church: Why Rural Ministry Matters for Every Church in America by Glenn Daman discusses the importance of rural ministry to ...
-
The Inkblots: Hermann Rorschach, His Iconic Test, and the Power of Seeing by Damion Searls is part biography, part history of one of the m...
-
Formula of Deception by Carrie Stuart Parks introduces a new character into the world of forensic art. Taking a break from Gwen Marcey, P...
-
Defiant Joy: Taking Hold of Hope, Beauty, and Life in a Hurting World by Stasi Eldredge is a call to fulfill the biblical command of livi...
-
One Blood: Parting Words to the Church on Race and Love by John M. Perkins contains the hard earned life long wisdom of a man who has spe...
-
The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency by Chris Whipple examines the modern chief of staff and how ev...
-
Woke Church: An Urgent Call for Christians in America to Confront Racism and Injustice by Dr. Eric Mason serves as a clarion call to the Am...
-
Auschwitz Lullaby by Mario Escobar is a fictionalized version of the real life story of Helene Hannemann, a German mother who chose to go...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
About
Blog Archive
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Check out my personal blog!
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Giglio communicates clearly and precisely. His writing style is very understandable and has an easy flow to it. In Goliath Must Fall, Giglio shares a few new insights into the story of David and Goliath. These "twists" on the story illustrate how the believer has the power of Christ over every giant in his/her life. Christ killed these giants on the cross, but just like a snake head that has been cut off, they can still be deadly. That is why the emphasis in the title is the word must. Though the giants are dead, they can still be deadly, which is why decisions must still be made and work done to allow a believer victory over whatever giant threatens his/her life.
Anyone struggling with the particular giants addressed in this book would benefit from reading it, though I'd recommend it to anyone interested in reading "Christian Living" books. It has a great perspective on the story of David and Goliath that will benefit any believer in Jesus Christ.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookLook book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
Labels:
addiction,
anxiety,
David and Goliath,
fear,
Louie Giglio,
non-fiction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment