Popular Posts
-
Magic has always been somewhat fascinating to me. As a child I went through a phase where I was going to be a magician. I got a little magic...
-
The Next Christians: How a New Generation Is Restoring the Faith , by Gabe Lyons, describes the defining characteristics of the “new” type ...
-
The Forgotten Church: Why Rural Ministry Matters for Every Church in America by Glenn Daman discusses the importance of rural ministry to ...
-
The Inkblots: Hermann Rorschach, His Iconic Test, and the Power of Seeing by Damion Searls is part biography, part history of one of the m...
-
Formula of Deception by Carrie Stuart Parks introduces a new character into the world of forensic art. Taking a break from Gwen Marcey, P...
-
Defiant Joy: Taking Hold of Hope, Beauty, and Life in a Hurting World by Stasi Eldredge is a call to fulfill the biblical command of livi...
-
One Blood: Parting Words to the Church on Race and Love by John M. Perkins contains the hard earned life long wisdom of a man who has spe...
-
The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency by Chris Whipple examines the modern chief of staff and how ev...
-
Woke Church: An Urgent Call for Christians in America to Confront Racism and Injustice by Dr. Eric Mason serves as a clarion call to the Am...
-
Auschwitz Lullaby by Mario Escobar is a fictionalized version of the real life story of Helene Hannemann, a German mother who chose to go...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
About
Blog Archive
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Check out my personal blog!
Friday, December 22, 2017
Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff by Chip Gaines is the story of the rise of the popularity and success of Chip and Joanna Gaines written from Chips' perspective. Capital Gaines is written in Chip's unique voice that his fans will find very familiar.
The main theme of Capital Gaines is entrepreneurship. Gaines discusses the many businesses he and then he and his wife have started over the years. Gaines has been an entrepreneur since he was in college and has started a variety of businesses with varying degrees of success. However, the nitty gritty of business is not the focus. The focus is on taking risks, putting first things first, and hard work.
Gaines discusses the ebb and flow of all the businesses under the Magnolia umbrella as well as Fixer Upper and their decision to end the popular show. Fans of Fixer Upper will enjoy the behind the scenes details of the Gaines' life. However, this book isn't only for established fans. I have seen maybe two episodes of Fixer Upper and still enjoyed reading Capital Gaines. It is easy to read and flows well. Gaines' enthusiasm for life and helping others jumps of the pages and inspires the reader to do the same.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookLook book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
The main theme of Capital Gaines is entrepreneurship. Gaines discusses the many businesses he and then he and his wife have started over the years. Gaines has been an entrepreneur since he was in college and has started a variety of businesses with varying degrees of success. However, the nitty gritty of business is not the focus. The focus is on taking risks, putting first things first, and hard work.
Gaines discusses the ebb and flow of all the businesses under the Magnolia umbrella as well as Fixer Upper and their decision to end the popular show. Fans of Fixer Upper will enjoy the behind the scenes details of the Gaines' life. However, this book isn't only for established fans. I have seen maybe two episodes of Fixer Upper and still enjoyed reading Capital Gaines. It is easy to read and flows well. Gaines' enthusiasm for life and helping others jumps of the pages and inspires the reader to do the same.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookLook book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
Labels:
Chip Gaines,
entrepreneurship,
fear,
Fixer Upper,
Magnolia Market,
non-fiction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment